Welcome back to The Launch Youniversity Podcast! Today’s episode is part one of our conversation with David Butler, Vice President of Innovation and Entrepreneurship at Coca Cola and author of the book Design to Grow: How Coca-Cola Learned to Combine Scale and Agility (and How You Can Too).
As a product and innovation launcher within one of the most influential companies in the world, David has a unique perspective on how to launch. In today’s episode he discusses the importance of scaling, structure and solving customer’s problems (not creating problems to solve).
HELPFUL LINKS AND RESOURCES:
- Design to Grow: How Coca-Cola Learned to Combine Scale and Agility (and How You Can Too)
- Prototype: The Third Step in The Launch Sequence
- Helpful Resources: A Toolbox for Launchers
- David Butler’s Twitter
THREE KEY TAKEAWAYS
1. David’s morning routine is sacred. Even though David travels all over the world, no matter what time zone is in he starts his day at 5 AM and spends the first hour of his day with coffee and introspection.
2. The hardest thing for any company is to stop experimenting so you can start scaling. Simplify, standardize and integrate.
3. When launching in a large organization, you still need to think like an entrepreneur. Entrepreneurs think about how to save time and money—ask yourself: How can I innovate and prototype for my company with the least amount of time and money?