This week, Launch Youniversity is honored to be joined by Morsel creator, Hillary Sparks. A year ago, Hillary launched a subscription based newsletter, Morsel. Morsel is uniquely designed and delivered monthly digest featuring her favorite Atlanta-area restaurants. In this episode Hillary describes her milestones and what the first year looks like for new launchers. We hope you enjoy our conversation with Hillary as much as we did.
HELPFUL LINKS AND RESOURCES:
- Like Launch Youniversity on Facebook
- Follow Morsel on Instagram
- Morsel’s Website
- The Pathway to Launch
THREE KEY TAKEAWAYS:
1. Time Management is the key ingredient. Hillary serves at the founder of Morsel, but she also has a full time job that she excels in too. Her advice: Factor out your weeks and weekends. Determine what all you can finish in a day without letting either of your jobs fall off the plate.
2. Get out of the way! There’s a very good chance that you are the only thing standing in the way of your launch. That’s the bad news. The good news is, you can solve your own problem by getting out of your own way and just starting. No, it probably won’t be perfect in the beginning. But if you’re 70% – 80% there, you will learn a lot in that margin.
3. Connect with your supporters. This includes friends and family. They can critique content at a different level and a different way. It will be hard, but try not be defensive. Take their critiques with an open mind and continue to ask them questions about their feedback. This is called the validate stage of The Pathway to Launch.